Passion is key

Someways I wake up and just can't wait to get to work. I love my job passionately, I really do feel blessed with being able to earn a living where all my creative juices can flow.
Yes I know that sounds so pathetic, but I don't know how else to describe my love for photography. I talk too fast, I have no patience normally and am incredibly forgetful. But stick a camera in my hand and I slow down, my thought processes are allowed to breathe and this allows me to create beautiful images. When I say beautiful I don't mean to be boastful, I just mean that I have put my all into it. I realise that being a regional press photographer of which I am immensely proud, I get to photograph assignments ranging from golden weddings and cheque presentations to royal weddings and Glastonbury. But I treat everyone exactly the same, with respect and an open mind. I have an interest in people and adore chatting to them. When your subject is at ease, your chances of good pictures are increased. This is why I love passing on my passion to children in the shape of visiting local schools. I don't try and preach to them, I just spend an hour of my time talking of my love of colour, composition and most importantly my love of people. How wonderful it is to take snaps for a living. As my wife would say I am the luckiest man alive.

Comments

Popular Posts